Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Bellingham.


Last week I rode the bus up to Bellingham to visit my daughter at school. She's a junior at Western Washington University and is planning to study abroad next year. She wanted some help navigating the financial aid part of it. We had a morning appointment which meant I was on the bus very early, above is sunrise along I-5. The morning was gorgeous and we perused the sculpture on campus (one of the largest outdoor sculpture gardens in the Western U. S.), but by noon it was pouring. It made it easy to accomplish a lot of indoor chores...getting her passport renewed, doing laundry at the fanciest laundromat I've ever seen, meeting with her landlord, etc. 





On Saturday I woke before anyone in the house so I quietly cleaned the kitchen, read my book, and watched a movie until my daughter woke up and we headed out on a beautiful blue sky walk down to Bellingham Bay for some morning tea and coffee.



Then we walked down to Fairhaven and discovered a wonderful antique mall where I found some collage material, a delightful H. A. Rey (of Curious George fame) vintage book, and a fabulous melamine tray covered with daisies...not to mention a few other goodies! 



No comments: