Sunday, October 3, 2010

Vintage cookbooks.

While I'm on the subject of vintage, thought I'd share these old cookbooks. They were published in 1940 for the "Culinary Art Institute, One of America's foremost organizations devoted to the science of Better Cookery."



I love all the pie recipes like two-tone pie, Sharkey custard pie, eggnog pie, honey pie and of course, surprise pie. Makes me think of all the pie names in the movie "Waitress." I don't want Earl's baby pie, kick in the pants pie, I hate my husband pie, marshmallow mermaid pie, fallin' in love chocolate mousse pie, Earl murders me because I'm having an affair pie and naughty pumpkin pie....just to name a few. I just watched that movie again and loved it just as much as the first time.



1 comment:

EverydayMe said...

how fun are these... I need to dig out mine... and check to see what they have... fun...
{{hugs}} Michelle